We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and maintain robust physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our care.
In handling your personal information, Air Factory will comply with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“the Privacy Act”) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
- What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about a natural person whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information may be required to be collected in order for Air Factory to provide you with products and/or services. Sensitive information is a type of personal information and will only be collected where it is reasonably necessary for one or more of Air Factory’s functions and/or activies.
- How do we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about products and services; when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information.
- Why do we collect personal information?
Air Factory collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- providing you, or an entity with which you are connected, with our services and associated products;
- developing and facilitating a business relationship with you or an entity with which you are connected; and
- identifying and informing you of services that may be of interest to you.
- What personal information do we collect?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your booking our services. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Air Factory including, for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions and any other information you may elect to provide to us. In some circumstances Air Factory may also hold other personal information that has been provided by you.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. In order for us to provide the services you request, you consent to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
- How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with our products and/or services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- identification of fraud or error;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you or you have identified an interest in;
- involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you;
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- for marketing activities; and
- internal accounting and administration
- Direct Marketing
Air Factory may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and/or services that may be of interest to you.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you, participate in market research, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications, kindly e-mail us at the contact details provided in section 11 of this Policy.
Alternatively, you can opt-out through the mechanism contained in any marketing communication to you.
- Is the information disclosed to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities;
- to third parties we have contracted with who may involve you in market research for the purpose of servicing our relationship with you and improving the services we provide.
Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purpose for which it was supplied.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
- Security of information
Air Factory has implemented stringent physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Air Factory regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
- Access and correction of personal information
Air Factory takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Air Factory. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Air Factory holds about you, or you would like more information on Air Factory’s approach to privacy, please contact Air Factory via the contact details set out in Section 11 of this Policy. Air Factory will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Air Factory requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Air Factory may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Air Factory for providing access in accordance with your request.
If Air Factory refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Air Factory will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Air Factory will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of Air Factory.
Air Factory will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
- How to contact us
For further information, feedback or enquiries regarding the Policy, or to access your personal information, please contact Air Factory’s Chief Information Officer by:
5 Sunlight Drive
BURLEIGH WATERS QLD 4216
Phone (During office hours)
From within Australia phone 07 56591321
From outside Australia phone +617 5659 1321
Within Australia fax 07 56591321
International fax +617 5659 1321
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please contact us via the details provided for in section 11 of this Policy.
We take complaints very seriously and will respond to acknowledge your complaint within 7 days of receipt. We aim to provide you with a response to your complaint within 14 days of receipt.
13.1. Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
If you are unsatisfied with the response we provide to your complaint relating to your privacy or if you feel the issue remains unresolved, you may wish for the Privacy Commissioner to further investigate your complaint. You can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as detailed below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
From within Australia phone 1300 363 992
- Changes to our Policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.
- About Our Website
14.1. When You Visit Our Website
If you visit Air Factorys’s website to browse, read or download information, our system will log these movements. These web site logs are not personally identifiable and Air Factory makes no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the site.
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc.
This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
14.3. Linked Sites